Saturday, September 30, 2006

Welcome, one and all

Dear all,

Welcome to the bigfeller's blog: home to random musings on all things to do with the beautiful game. I'm a fan of both Norwich City and Heart of Midlothian - so inevitably, a number of posts will be geared towards the on and off-field happenings at Carrow Road and Tynecastle - but in general, the blog will feature all sorts of takes on whatever is going on in the football world: be it the Premiership, Champions League, the international scene, or off-pitch politicking and controversy. I hope you find it entertaining and thought-provoking - and welcome feedback from all fellow travellers.

A little about me: I'm currently in the final stages of a PhD in History, but having always wanted to be an academic, have found myself gravitating towards... well, you guessed it, writing about football. So my current plan is to seek a job at a sports science department somewhere in the country as a researcher - with the long-term goal being to establish myself as a full-time freelance book writer. If anyone reading this has any advice, contacts etc, it would be hugely appreciated.

I already have a couple of projects in mind: one, a book entitled "Why England will never win the World Cup (until they do the following things...)", which I'll be working on in my spare time; and the second, an investigation into possible bias towards the Old Firm in Scottish football. You'll be seeing plenty of references to both these topics in the months ahead...

And incidentally, although football is and has always been my first love, I'm pretty much a sports nut in general. So if you'll allow me the luxury, there will also be occasional posts on many other sports: be it rugby, cricket, baseball or snooker. International sport especially excites me - and both the Ashes and the Rugby World Cup are likely to result in my keyboard being pretty busy.

So without further ado, it's on with the show. Thankyou for taking the time to read this: and I hope you find what I have to say enjoyable and worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home